Friday, January 21, 2005

Improvements

I know I'm not happy with my job because it's not what I see as a career. I admit I do resent it. But coming to work everyday made me more disciplined in managing our menus. It has improved my confidence in making our meals.

I used to wake up in the morning and think of what I feel like cooking today, and dash to the supermarket to get what I need. Sometimes if I can't think of anything, I'd just ask G that we eat out.

During my first week at work, I found out I cannot operate on that mode because the shops are closed by the time I get home. The most is buy at the grocery. But veggies, fruits, meats I prefer to buy at a specialized shop than at the grocers.

This week, I was forced to market and buy food that would lasts us until Friday, at least. And I should say, I'm doing a good job at planning and making meals now ;) Dinners from Monday til tonight are made by myself ;) Not all dishes are down right yummey, but I'm proud of what I'm doing at the kitchen *yip, yip! hooray!*

I saw salmon sashimi couple of days ago at the seafood shop ... yum yum ... and my mind suddenly started churning a japanese dinner in the near future. Salmon sashimi, miso soup (okay, im getting it from a miso mix pack and not making it from the ground up, well the tofu i had to buy and diced too hehe ...), and cook prawn tempura, of course with steam rice. [I wonder if my Japanese friends are laughing now as they read this ...]

Yesterday's Highs
Dinner with the M Family ... they liking my arrozcaldo ...

Speaking English
I've noticed how I sound when I speak english with aussies lately. I seem to be picking up some aussie accents ... scary isn't it? more funny when the accent is a mix of aussie, yankee, and chinese-filipino! hahaha! somehow i still would like to keep the yankee bit. :D

No comments: