Peace and quiet. Alone at the unit. Now I understand what NM meant when she jokingly said, Please let my kids go with you so I could be alone.
The past few days were full of activities.
Yesterday, I made a spontaneous detour to visit NM, to distract her a bit, and had dinner at their place as well (had to convince G to join us ... I feel bad leaving my hubby out on times like these so ... ). She sounded different when I talked to her over the phone earlier during the day. So instead of coming back to the apartment to take a shower (yesterday's weather was humid and hot), I decided to dropped by on her.
Chores are still there. As I'm doing this entry, I happened to glance down and saw an area on the carpet that looked it might need some vacuuming. Kitchen needs cleaning too. Finished preparing the crafts for tomorrow's Sunday school (yehey!). I will not be on duty for the next 2 Sundays, I wonder if I'll miss the children.
At last night's Bible group study, we had it at MC'S & NC's place. G and I were very late after staying with NM for a few hours. What surprised me most was MC's & NC's daughters came rushing out to give me a big hug as soon as they realized I'm in their home! I'm their Sunday school teacher. And before that, these 2 girls are very shy and we always had a warm and cold 'relationship'. These must be the priceless moments teachers get from their wards that made their job extra special.
Yesterday's Highs
Big hugs from MC and HC.
No comments:
Post a Comment