Monday, February 07, 2005

Being with 3-5 year olds

I was rostered to teach sunday school to 3-5 year olds for this month and I never thought it would be a challenge. Boy, sunday schools has evolved a lot since I attended them. There is story telling where you had to make sure you get the kids attention. And then there are crafts to do, memory verses to be memorized. Phew, it was not an easy task. Why don't the children now behave like us (when we were kids) ~ when the teacher says everybody sit down, everyone sits down.

I think I also have forgotten what it's like to be a 3-5 year old. I realized some still don't know how to hold crayons and color, some get scared when their parents are not there, some cannot speak out the words very well. But they are happy when you spend time with them, likes it when you play silly with them, they get away with not coloring within the black lines. They laugh a lot, cry a lot. And they just accept you as who you are.

Yesterday's Highs
Time alone in the apartment ... lunch with desperate housewives

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

is that your practice for motherhood? >:)

Shana said...

No sja! :) I never had a chance to do any kind of activity at church when i was in manila and when the opportunity arise, i took it ... not knowing what im getting myself into!

Anonymous said...

that's good 4u.. at least u get urself preoccupied & productive.. =)