Thursday, February 03, 2005

Positives and Negatives

Things I feel positive about:
  • Excited > to discover the Bircher Muesli recipe on a free magazine. It's a breakfast oatmeal dish which is easy to make and I can't wait to try it. I know G would surely love it (he's a health nut ;) )
  • Happy > to be able to try Joan's steamed fish recipe tomorrow. Another easy to make dish. Hopefully it will turn out alright. The ingredients are here already.
  • Proud > of myself that I'm not so bad a cook after all. And capable of planning meals too!
  • Surprised > that I'd be able to get excited on recipes. Yeah, that is right. I never would have imagined that I'll get excited over a recipe!
  • Grateful > that G appreciates my cooking. He even requests for repeats! And there was one time I recycled a leftover into something else (just like what my mom used to do), and he asked me the next day where I bought it from. Hahaha!
  • Thankful > of my blessings in moving out here. Met and know people who migrated here with no family to be with and struggling to settle in. I do have my own struggles in adjusting here but I'm blessed with no financial stresses, with the earlier trips that made me quite familiar of my surroundings and I know my way around than most new migrants, with supportive friends.
  • Happy > because I feel I'm achieving a lot.

Things I'm frustrated about

  • Unable to reduce the clutter in the unit > I feel I have done a lot but still the overall impact when you stepped inside is still a disappointment.
  • Very limited time > so much to do, so limited time. I added more responsibilities on myself and have a couple more in store but there's not much enough time to handle them all. I'm happy Paula has finally arrived, but I feel I cannot help her settle in as much as I planned to. Sunday school teaching means I would missed out the English service and would have to attend the earlier chinese service. This means I would spend more time at the church on Sunday mornings. Plans to visit an old lady to keep her company have not been made real, this would take up my Saturdays (most likely).
  • Work. For the incomprehensible specifications given to me.

Yesterday's Highs

Enjoyable job interview.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

shana, just remember, the things u haven't tried yet doesn't make u not good in it... if u have the passion, and the willingness to learn, everything will turn out right, or even better than u expected.. keep it up, pal! congratulations to your new found passion... :)

Shana said...

yes you are so right sja ... where did you get all those wisdom of yours :P wish you were here to dispense more of those :(

Anonymous said...

hehe, what wisdom r u talking about? =) i just had an "out of body" experience, put myself in ur shoes and put u in my shoes, then that's how u answered the question... =) been missing u a lot, i don't know which makes me crazier, the wedding preps or u not here.. =(