Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Books and Others

I have always loved books. I read them in the train or when Clarisse is napping.

These are the authors whose books I'm reading:

Lesley Pearce. I've blogged about this previously. I have read most of her books except her latest one, Gypsy, which is not yet available in the public library.

Cynthia Harrod-Eagles. I'm reading her Morland Dynasty series of books. They're 30 or so books which is about the Morland family set on the timeline of British history. Book 1 started during the end of the War of the Roses. I just finished Book 5, so there are more to go. The author is contracted to finish the books which will cover until World War II. I like the books because I'm learning about British history through the story-like setting of the book's fictional characters. As I wonder what will happen to the characters and their descendants, I also get a glimpse of what their lives are like in that era.

Jeffery Deaver. This is crime fiction entertainment for me. I love the plot and brilliant characters. I don't have any of his books lined up to read at the moment because I can't find his latest ones in our local libraries. So I guess I have to wait.

Greg Iles. As I wait for new Jeffery Deaver books, this author's books keep me entertained in the crime fiction genre.

I'd love to read Barack Obama's books but I'm waiting in line to borrow it from the library. There's really a long waiting list for his books.

TV Series
If only I could sit down and enjoy a few episodes of these ...

Life

House

Thank God your here

Other stuff
It would be nice to go out to the national park with my family and in-laws, and close friends, and have a barbie, go kayaking, and let the kids play on the grounds and in the children's play area.

I think my deep yearning for these relaxing things is because I'm stressed with my upcoming exam and the workshops I'm planning and facilitating. I need a good break after these stressful activities.

No comments: