Tuesday, September 04, 2007

APEC 2007 Sydney Summit


We're having Friday off as a public holiday because of APEC. A lot of Sydneysiders are not happy with the extra security measures put up by the government but I don't personally mind the fences and the inconvenience to pedestrians as long as I can have an extra day off to spend with my little girl.


That's how the streets surrounding our office looks like as we're close to the Opera House and Government House, sites of the APEC summit.


I wish we have more public holidays =( We only have 9 public holidays - 6 days spread out across the first half of the year, and then we work-work-and-work non stop for 4 months til October for 1 public holiday and then have 2 public holidays during christmas.


I think I'm starting to dream of holidays.


I'm getting my passport soon so I'm so tempted to just fly back for a visit sooner than planned.

No comments: