The mother-to-be is definitely not excited of the impending 'butchery' that is going to happen. Our prenatal classes talk so much on topics around normal delivery and a bit of ceasar that it makes me more apprehensive.
We had a tour of the hospital last Wednesday - Labor room is very much like your own hotel room with a spa bath. Only the bed and stuff on the bed panels reminds me that it's not. There is a TV too! But sadly no cable. It's too much to ask for, huh? I was thinking of watching Season 1 of Lost as part of the relaxation technique while in labor! First things first, I need to get a copy of season 1.
We also went to this baby bathing area where new parents bring their newborns and a midwife assists them in bathing the baby. I guess a bachelor degree will still leave me helpless in that department for the first days.
We were also educated on the 'drugs' we could use to help manage pain. Gas looks like the best for mum and bub ...
... But all these cannot be planned and decided on, anything can happen, so I guess I just have to take 1 thing at a time and see how it goes.
The father is excited to see the bub. I guess it's all the waiting, the wondering of what bub would be like, feeling the movements that heightens the excitement this day of reckoning.
No comments:
Post a Comment