Monday, February 13, 2006

Last week of work

I'm running out of clothes to wear. My last pair of decent pants is getting tighter and tighter. I'll wear it for a few more days this week and then they have to retire. Glad to have NM's clothes, they're a blessing. More so her support tights, they helped carry the weight of my tummy. Too bad I can't wear them to work (too hot to wear work clothes over them).

My favorite activities right now are sleep and do nothing. When I wake up each morning, I feel tired because I wake up 3-4 times in the middle of the night to use the bathroom. I think it's nature's way of preparing me for the real thing. I wonder if I start my leave next week, would I still feel very tired each morning and whinge about going to work.

No Yayas/Nannies
This doesn't sound much but our obstetrician's secretary is very encouraging. She said something like "Trust me, you'd be extremely exhausted for the first 2 weeks because you are still trying to work out the cries of the baby. But once you've figured it all out, you'd be fine."

I don't have the luxury and assurance of a lived-in nanny to help a new mother look after a newborn. But I'm sure it will be a life's adventure for all of us as Greg and I try to figure out how to feed, clothe, bath, and put the bub to sleep, and work out what the cries mean; while the bubby would also be trying to get use to using her own mouth to eat, her skin to feel new sensations, and sleeping on her own bed (not on mommy's tight tummy).

No comments: