Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I'm anxious about the delivery. Sad that I might need a ceasar instead of having it normally and relieved that I might not have to go through those painful 2 stages of labour.

I tried getting the baby into the right position but I think our bubby is happily still in oblique presentation at this stage of the pregnancy. Let's see what the doctor is going to say later today. Maybe our doctor will have more of a UK trained school of thought (delivering normally) than a US trained school of thought (ceasar) in these kinds of pregnancy risks.

I somehow can't get my mom to recall if I was too in a oblique presentation when she had me. All she said is my cord blocks the birth canal and I can't come out, so she had to go thru a ceasar. That's exactly the risk of oblique presentation - the bub's head is not in the canal and the cord would be most likely get into the pelvis, blocking the way. I guess either her doctor didn't explain the whole thing or she didn't understand the bigger picture, if there is one, or .... It's just sad she can't remember the details of her pregnancy and birthing of me ...

Oh well, I'm mentally preparing myself to go under the knife already. The hospital posted their admissions guidelines and I started noting down items that got to do with a ceasar and ignored all the normal delivery items.

Maybe I should just be more open minded about the whole thing. Though we are advised to be open with our options on pain management during a normal delivery to make the birthing experience a less traumatic one, I guess I should also be open with my options about the method of delivery too.

On a more positive and lighter note, Greg and I do look forward to meeting bubby. We wonder what bubby's temperament will be like, who will bubby look like.

Yesterday's Highs
A teddy from hubby! Yes, I brought it to bed and hugged it to sleep to drive away my feelings of 'anxiety and depression' :)

No comments: