Thursday, January 19, 2006

Lots of things to bring to prayer

I reckon as I get older, there are more life-impacting decisions to make, the challenges looks more daunting, and the more reason for me to bring them all into prayer.

But I find myself having less and less time to do just that most important thing. It seems there is just not enough time to do everything. Day in, day out I rush to complete one thing after another.
When my initial blood sugar screen suggests I might have gestational diabetes, my doctor asked me to take the longer glucose tolerance test. I was worried sick from the time I learned about my initial results to the time I was about to go for the tolerance test. I worry that if I have diabetes I would need to control and monitor my carbohydrates intake. This made me frustrated because I've been so conscious of what I eat already and I've been monitoring how much fruits, veggies, water, whole grains I've been consuming in a day. To add carbohydrates counting is too much 'agony' for me.

My constant worry and frustration lead me to one thing I have been taught since I was young, which was supposed to be done daily and primarily in my life - prayer. It is when I realised this is beyond me, beyond what I can do, beyond my control even if it's my physical body, and I did all I can, I remembered I remebered to pray, and remembered God is in control, He looks after our particular needs, I remember He can do more than what I can do for myself. I remember I'm His child whom He looks after.

And these are the things I should pray about, and trust Him about: this pregnancy, the birthing, and the baby; and child care.

No comments: