Monday, August 04, 2008

A forgotten find



I went in to this shop in search of a present for my cousin-in-law who will be going back to Japan this week. I decided that I'd give her some sort of exotic loose leaf tea that is not commonly bought or found in Japan. I told the man behind the counter what I'm looking for and he started pulling out these tea boxes behind him with clear labels of the name of the tea and he opened them up for me to take a sniff.

Each box smells wonderfully different. There are lime scented ones, orange scented ones, etc. Then he brought down he said is their best seller, the Sydney Blend (Black & green tea with mango, jasmine flowers, rose flowers, cornflowers & calendula flowers). Then he also presented me a similar one called 1001 Night (Black & Green tea with lemon, passionfruit, jasmine flowers, rose flowers, sunflowers & calendula flowers).
I got so excited with the 1001 Night because of its passionfruit scent. I had forgotten that I wanted a tea infused with passionfruit after I had a taste from a restaurant in Manila.
I walked out of the shop with both the Sydney Blend and the 1001 Night. One is a gift for the cousin, the other one is for me.

No comments: