Friday, November 23, 2007

Sad and Happy Post

A recent event dashed our hope out of enjoying the holidays this year. The people who committed to buying G's shop did a 180 turn at the very last second and with it goes our simple desires for the days ahead. I did not realised how hard we were really coping with G's relentless hours of manning his shop until he told me last night it is not pushing through. Reality came crashing when we cannot have a stress free Christmas for once. We just wanted to spend time together as a family. It does not have to be a holiday elsewhere.

We hoped for a simple Christmas where our family could just hang out together and enjoy being with each other but instead G will have to work the whole month, in extended shopping hours, with only 2 days off. He'd be coming home tired and drained each night, Clarisse will not be able to play and spend time with him. Being in the shop will not be any better for G as he let go of his staff a few weeks ago and he'd be struggling to manage the customers at the busiest time of the year.

I planned of us visiting the city during the break as clarisse has never been to the famous city sights, we'd go to the aquarium where she can see all the fishes too. But that's gone now.
We were planning to travel together to Manila in April next year and just laze around the idyllic manila life. But that's not going to happen. I would most likely be travelling alone with clarisse. my first time taking an 8 hour flight with a toddler. Damn. Just thinking about it is a bit stressful.

Kah-yis and her adventures
She is being cheeky nowadays. She'd have all of those facial expressions that would just make me laugh. Yesterday morning I left her outside on our balcony to play with her bubbles and she was just running around in her sleepwear+hat+jacket shrieking while holding the bottle. She wanted to blow the bubbles herself and would want to hold the bottle herself. So I just let her knowing she'd accidentally spill the contents inside sooner or later. Spill them she did. She told me "wala na? wala na? wala na?" and I told her "well, you empty the bubbles on the floor so there is none left on the bottle, so no more bubbles for you." she mourned for her loss of bubbles. I can't help her if she wanted to do the bubbles herself. She didn't know I still got a big bottle of bubbles kept hidden away from her, hehe!

She's also applying what she is learning. amazing. she saw an empty fishtank at a friend's house. the tank was filthy with 'junk'. but kah-yis repeatedly said to everyone "fish! fish! fish!" while pointing to the tank. as if she is insisting there should be fish inside. she learned about fishes and tanks when we go to these chinese restaurants. she also told us that the other baby in the room have exactly the same shoes as she have even when they are in a different colour.

Last sunday she received a party loot bag (she's starting the stage of "mine. mine. mine") of lollies and stuff. I left her in the sunday school kids room to get our lunch. when i came back she had rummaged through her bag and picked out a cadbury freddo chocolate bar. she was in the middle of tearing the paper out, was able to get a lick and wanted me to open it for her. I didn't even know she can pick the things she likes and try to open it. She was in a good mood then and agreed with me that she needs her lunch first before having her lollies.

No comments: