Kayis is how she pronounces her name. I find her face changing to another "look" again. I find her most adorable during the 6-7-8 months. Well, as my friend told me, Kayis' don't look like her baby pictures anymore but she surely is still not looking anything like me (haha!).
I've noticed lately she's not as apprehensive of strangers and unfamiliar places as she was. She'd say hello and goodbye to them (just like when she was younger). Last Wednesday, she wanted to chase after the pigeons around the water clock. I let her and she didn't even look back at me to make sure I'm still there. She just ran after the birds, fell down and waited for me to get to her. In our shopping trips she'd want to come down from her pram and "shop" too. I'd take her to the pet shop to play with the puppies. That's one of her favorite activities in our shopping trip. If I take her to hubby's shop and if there are no staff, she'd be playing with daddy's boxes and pens and stamps too. I haven't taken her back to the library yet. The previous trips were more like a nightmare for me with her running around and pulling out all the books I ended up not picking anything for myself to bring home. How can I tell her to stop when all she sees are racks and racks of books. There's nothing to keep her attention except pulling them out. As fond as she is of children's books, someone still needs to read them to her.
I saw her the other day reading her book to A-i's dog stuffed animal. So cute. We received a hand-me-down rocking horse and Kayis is having a blast with it at the moment. She needs a little help getting on but can get off by herself. My mom laments Kayis having to play with hand-me-downs. I don't personally mind, Kayis is happy, and it would make it easier for me to discard it in the future if the need arise. She even plays with this big box thinking it's a pram that she's pushing. She'd put her dolls inside and push them around the house. Or she'd climb inside it, pull out her crayons and colour the insides.
Current book

I was expecting the book to be spellbinding as the fast-paced action/thriller books but it's not. I still am finding it entertaining. It's my first Jodi Piccoult book so I don't have a firm reaction to it yet at the moment. It's making my train ride to be more enjoyable with the time passing by faster than usual. I almost missed my stop the other day.
No comments:
Post a Comment