Now onto the real blog entry.

That is our squeaky clean kitchen sink. No, no, no, it was not unbearably dirty for the past 2 years. I have been keeping it shiny and clean for a year now. I was not totally religious about it but only more so recently as I was able to move our dish rack from this shiny piece of stainless steel. Thus creating more space, and fuelling my obsession with the kitchen sink. My obsession started when I came across this e-group of people who would like to keep their homes clean and clutter free. Their mantra is to keep the kitchen sink clean and shiny at all times. Then the rest would follow. It seems to be working. I have been de-cluttering stuff on the kitchen countertop, polishing my small appliances, wiping my cabinets and countertop, scrubbing my stovetop, and cleaning my kitchen floor more regularly than before. And washing the rubbish bin, wiping the fridge doors, cupboard doors and drawers with more gusto.
It's not that I don't clean our place. I force myself to work on them regularly but I was not too happy with the results. I am happier now. There are still a lot of work to be done and I cannot wait to work on them. It would be great when Christmas arrives. I would have more time to do more.
Next to conquer would be the stove top exhaust. Cleaning and degreasing it since having the baby has been like the war in Iraq. I thought I was gaining ground and stabilising the oil built-up. Then I'd get dejected with the losing battle but now I'm certainly up for it.
There is a drawback to focusing a lot on this activity though. Our meals are sadly compromised - we have takeaways or eat out. Can't really win. Would I prefer to spend my time on making sure we are eating home cook meals each time in a messy home or would I prefer eating (take)out with a cleaner home. Can't have both.
But hopefully things will fall into place. It's just a matter of injecting each cleaning chore into my routine slowly and maintaining it.
How many times did I use the word clean in this post. Would it surprise anyone that my little girl knows the word clean? and even can show anyone how to clean? She have graduated from pulling out her socks and using it to clean the carpets, to pulling out bathroom toilet paper and wiping the floor, the TV, her sofa, and whatever object she thinks would need a good wipe, to asking for a new sponge to wipe her toys and the pantry doors.
No comments:
Post a Comment