Friday, July 20, 2007

Morning Walk

(pictures of the walk to be added)

My train broke down in Milson's Point on the way to work last Tuesday. Unlike the other breakdowns that caused big inconveniences to commuters (being stuck inside a train for an hour, etc), the situation was not so bad for me. In fact, it somehow is like a perfect mishap. I did not have any meetings scheduled in the morning so I was not stressed out to want to be in the office at the moment. The problem happened at the station so we all got out into the platform. I debated whether I should walk to work from Milson's Point or wait for the train to get fixed. Walking to the Sydney CBD from Milson's Point means walking the famous Harbour Bridge, then down historical Rocks. Which is not too bad. And I have an excuse if I'm questioned at work. It was the coldest morning in Sydney in 21 years but sunny (it would be dreary if it's wet and windy). I was dressed warmly and I was wearing my running shoes so my feet are comfortable with the pending long walk.

It turned out to be an enjoyable walk. The Rocks was pretty quiet though and dead at that time, without its usual busy tourists and buzzing cafes.

EnergizerBaby

They say babies learn by association. Like sleeping for instance. If parents can set the same routine before baby falls asleep (bathing, reading a book, praying, sleep), baby will learn that "this set" of routine means she needs to sleep.

I have observed that my EnergizerBaby have associated persons to meet her specific needs. She will look for Mommy if she requires her basic need of being fed, cuddled, bathe, or changed. She associates her carer and my sister more as her "playmates". They normally spend more time playing with her, amusing her whilst feed and change her. She associates Dada with having "fun"! Trying out new things like walking and playing at the playground. With foods it means being able to eat foods that are forbidden to her. It was with Dada who gave her her first ice cream at 6 months! A taste of chocolates, chips, lollies at an early age of 1.

No comments: