When I'm in the lighter workload phase at work, my thoughts tend to drift to my EnergizerBaby then I'd wonder what she's doing now, then I'd count how many hours more before I could see her, then I'd go to my flickr and look over her pictures *sigh* At times when the going gets tough at work (politcs, people, etc), the more it makes me want to throw in the towel and call it a day.
I'm finding work in the home is more rewarding currently. I wonder if I'll ever be passionate about careers/technology again. Maybe when I run my own business I'd be passionate about work outside the home.
EnergizerBaby is changing a lot and I am trying to catch up with her. She has entered the formidable toddler stage and every aspect of her is totally different from 2 months ago. As a mother who has to work outside the home, I have to catch up and prepare myself to handle these changes. Her feeding ways has changed and I have to come up with ways to get her eat her meals and drink her milk. She's beginning to give me these tantrums so I need to find out how to handle them. Yes, I'm beginning to make this blog sound like my to do list.
It was so much easier when I'm at home full time as I can easily notice the subtle change and introduce new things to her as required. As I spend more time at work than with her, I don't notice her change until it is so obvious that I have to scramble up with a solution that I won't be able to test out effectively.
I guess children with mothers who look after them full time are lucky in the sense their mothers are mostly "in-tuned" to their needs. Mothers who work outside the home have to double time doing this.
One for Dilbert
Dilbert is this cartoon character who works in a corporate environment that is the epitome of corporate silliness. Heaps of people have identified with his situation and I just did too!
In one of my performance objectives I am required to "Proactively assist PM's where appropriate." I asked my manager what this means and I'm told I should help out the project managers I worked with when they can't resolve project issues, or need a hand in the project. My translation: Help my project managers do their jobs. DUH?!
No comments:
Post a Comment