Tuesday, November 07, 2006

brainy babies


Uuoahhh! I just got this article, Can you build a brainier baby, from my MIL. After obtaining an almost complete set of Brainy Baby videos, it's sad to learn it's best not to expose babies under 2's to any screen time.

Yes, I know there might not be real benefits to letting dear Clarisse watch those videos, but I must admit it gives me some time off to do some serious housework or it lets me take a shower without interruption as she has become more attached to me.

I do agree watching videos/TV is not that good for her - she just zoomed out on us and stare at the box when it's on, not responding to us - that's why they call TV the idiot's box, she literally becomes unresponsive. She also has come to expect us to turn it on when she's sitting on her playmat even with her Vtech in front of her.

I'll minimise her viewing times now ... I'll just turn it on when I really need her to be distracted while I try to finish my task at hand.

1 comment:

er!ca said...

I disagree you letting her watched! When I saw one of her photos (commented on your flckr),I was right assuming she was absorbed watching tv!! Please for her eyes sake, STOP! In her age and growth, she will be blind or have glasses before 10 years old. (Based from mom's many stories of her friend or bank employee's kid).