I just had a browse on what I need to do to renew my Filo passport and thought about getting my EnergizerBaby one too. I got so frustrated reading the numerous inconvenient steps and thought of not getting one at all. I'd just stick to having an Aussie passport. That's how I felt each time I attempted to do this task.
To renew my passport, (1) I need to provide proof (a letter from Aussie immigration) that I have not acquired Aussie citizenship. What happened to that Dual Citizenship Act of August 2003? That Act should have removed this step. (2) I need to lodge the application form in person or if thru mail I need to have my signature verified by a Justice of Peace. That means either I need to spend time travelling to the embassy and queue or catch our local JP at the library and ask him/her watch me scribble down my name. Honestly, I feel it's a waste of time and resources. (3) I need to provide NSO documents. Great. Ask my folks back home to purchase a copy of my birth and my marriage certificates from the government.
No wonder my folks always prefer to get someone in the travel business to do these kinds of paperwork for them.
I recently took out an Aussie passport application at the post office (which is inside our shopping centre) for my EnergizerBaby and scanned through the paperwork. Easy. Just set up an appointment with the Post and bring in her filled up form, birth certificate, parents' residency or citizenship proof, and her pictures. That's it. There's even a faster way. Do it online.
So now I still am thinking if I want to get us a Filo passport.
No comments:
Post a Comment