Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Our first shopping trip

Clarisse and I went to the shops today, our first trip by ourselves. I psyched myself not to get too stressed with wanting to accomplish everything in this trip. I try to get organised too by listing down and planning each task I would like to accomplish. And they all turned out pretty well.

Such a big difference in going out with a baby - I had to let Greg use the car by 1pm and I had to operate under that timetable. I quickly showered and got dressed while she's still sleeping, but as always, she woked up when I'm in the middle of my shower and started howling! (She cries when she wakes up and finds no one around) Poor Clarisse. I took my time in feeding her, and let her dictate how long she'd want to feed, though I know I would have lesser time at the shops. Well, that is what having a baby is like I guess ... either I get stressed trying to hurry her feeding or just let things take their own course. She's been fussy and refusing to take the bottle lately, but I know she needs more fluids (she's sick) so I had to 'entertain' her while I try. I talked to her on what we are going to do at the shops, and guess what, I saw her chuckling while accepting the bottle. Whew!

This marked my first time in hauling Clarisse and all her furnitures and stuff into the car by my lonesome self. I'm on my way on becoming a muscled lady, hahaha! This procedure entails - putting 6kg Clarisse on her 5kg baby carrier; then lift the carrier onto the pram; then shoved her milk/nappies into the pram basket; then push the pram out to the carpark (this is the easiest part); lift the carrier and clarisse into the car seat base; then fold up her pram; lift her 10kg pram into the car boot. Then do it again in reverse when we arrive at the mall.

Not too bad. I do dread when Clarisse gets heavier.

I'm happy to say I managed to deposit my cheque, shopped for Clarisse's winter clothes, got her and discovered a baby Vicks vaporub (she has a cold :( what ever happen to breastmilk anti-bodies?!?!?), purchase all the ingredients of chocolate chip oatmeal cookies, without being so stressed. She slept while I shopped ... well, she did wake up and did some big wailing at the grocery, but I'm used to that by now (having a screaming baby in public) ;)

Today's highs
Shopping for Clarisse's winter jackets. They're all so cute!

The thought of trying to bake cookies. I'm so excited, I hope it turns out well, and I hope Clarisse gives me time to do it.

No comments: