Being 'too kind and considerate to other people's feelings' when they already have crossed the line of respect is not healthy ...
Can't think of anything cleverly appropriate to say? Here are three smart ways to save face --
1. Be frank. "Ouch, that hurt" can do the job. "You don't always need snappy remarks to make people aware of how much they've hurt or embarrassed you," Chupack says.
2. Zip it. Saying nothing and walking away is an honorable response to an insulting question (such as "How did your kid get into that school? I didn't think he was so intelligent.").
3. Repeat the question. Echoing forces the asker to hear just how ridiculous or out-of-line her query is, and it usually sparks her to apologize. (Q: "Don't you get bored out of your mind staying home with the kids all day?" A: "Are you asking if I get bored being with the people I love the most?")
No comments:
Post a Comment