Saturday, May 07, 2005

A stressed-filled week

I had a VERY full week. I'm not sure we should call it a fulfilling one. Just FULL.

week of socializing with friends from the 7100 islands
GL flew in last monday as part of her dubai-sydney route. PY and I went to her hotel to see her this time after work, and did the girlie chats til hubby came to pick us up. what a pity GL just stayed for a day and a half, she has to fly back to dubai to service the next flight. Hopefully more get together for us!

It was also time to take my elementary classmate out. It was long overdue. NJM is just here for a month. We had a great time in the city. Hubby joined us for dinner and took us to Woolloomooloo to get the famous harry's pies (?) by foot! I think the whole walking thing tire us out. Check out the pictures I took using my phone. Not so bad eh? Glad I took my friend out, it helped me get distracted from things happening at work this week.

week of tremulous days at work
this is a humbling experience. i was told by management that one among 2 BA positions would be made redundant. it's either me or the other BA who would be asked to leave the company. the days leading up to the decision was the hardest adjustment days eversince i arrived here. i was humbled down by God through it all. i was expecting to be gone by end of this week, and looking forward having more time to accomplish some other things. the decision = i was asked to stay with the company. Thank you God forthat, and I hope He also gives me strength to carry on the work of 2 BAs, and the other things I need to accomplish.

week of wisdom teeth extraction
unnerving, going through the whole hospital procedure. feeling like i was goin to be butchered. lots of prayers, even hubby prayed for me. 4 wisdom teeth taken out. a week of rest for me :)

this week's highs
taken out to dinner at la mesa, a filipino fine dining restaurant, by hubby after the grueling and emotionally wrecking work experience of almost being out of work, the food certainly perked me up!

hubby looking out after me after the operation ... preparing my food and everything ... wonderful nurses and doctors (they made me feel at ease) ... and the wonders of general anesthesia! haha!





No comments: