Yes, I had all of my wisdom teeth taken out last Friday. And my jaw is still swollen and sore, making me look plump right now (sorry, no pictures :) )
Why? My wisdom teeth were impacted. The lower ones are lodged near my nerve too, and the older i get, the more risks and complications there would be. My mom was not too happy to hear that I had 4 of them removed at once. Oh, well ...
Hospital
It was my first time to be a patient at a hospital. I prayed hard too as I don't know what to expect. The nurses are very accomodating and reassuring. I got my own big couch at the waiting area watching tv while waiting for the operation to commenced. The doctor administering general anesthesia was very sympathetic. He promises that only the insertion would hurt a bit and afterwards, it's going to be easier. I was out in 30 secs after the drip started. Wonders of anesthesia! hehe.
When I woke up, I was still groggy. I can feel the blood pressure monitor inflating on my arm every 10 (or 15) minutes. And then I felt someone removed the oxygen mask from my face (I didnt know I was wearing one). Drifted off to sleep. And then when I wake up again, I was being wheeled to the recovery room where I slept for another 2 hours. I can feel my big face. But I can't feel my lips, my tongue, my lower jaw when I woke up. The nurses looked after me, then G came to bring me home.
Recovery
I can only swallow liquids because I cannot feel my mouth. G prepared my food, looked after me. Day 2, I can talk longer, but it does get sore after talking for an hour. I chatted with my mom and she was surprised that I can chat, hehe. I'm still taking soft foods, face is still swollen but not as big as last night. Hopefully my recovery will go well.
No comments:
Post a Comment