Saturday, July 15, 2006

Our cheeky little girl


"I've never heard parents complain that they held their children too much, but that they had not hold them long enough" (paraphrase from Dr. Sears site)

After reading that statement, I stopped resenting how I need to hold Clarisse most of the day (and night), and start to appreciate those times.

She smiles a lot and enjoys silly conversations. She likes clutter! Because the objects arouse her curiosity - she picked up daddy's toothbrush and then drop it and then reach for it again and then drop it again.

She's not fond of her bottle at all and found a way to take it off her mouth when I had to 'trick' her into having it. Her latest tactic: She'd slip her thumb into her mouth with open palm and then push the bottle out. I realised that being 'smart' is a requirement of parenting ... I had to keep on thinking of ways to get her to feed on a bottle, and I bet she'd keep me on my toes with her 'devices' as she grows older.

No comments: