I was sent to Melbourne to rush the requirements gathering of a project. I was excited at the idea of business travelling again - it's been a while since my last business trip and my impression is Aussie companies does not require travel as much as larger multinational companies.
But, hang on, I remember I'm married (so we should at least ask the consent of the husband), and I'm pregnant (oops, am I supposed to ask my doctor's 'permission' first before I agree to travelling?). I didn't dare tell my mom either.
Interstate business travel is so different from the thrill of overseas travel. In overseas trips, I enjoy going around as a tourist at the end of the work day/working week, discovering the sights and sounds of the place. Interstate is so much like being transported to a city very much like where you came from, the end.
Biggie surprise of the trip - Greg came with me! He did his business trip too while I'm in the office working, looked after me on this trip, my trusty companion. I think he worked harder than me :( ... I pray his hard work pays off.
Smaller surprise of the trip - Melbourne Weather. Its usually cooler than Sydney and I dreaded the chill of 13Cs-23Cs of the forecast. I was prepared for the normal winter temperature of Sydney. It turned out the 13Cs-23Cs are more like being in an air conditioned room - walking in an air conditioned space with trees and the sun ;)
Yesterday's Highs
Having Greg with me in Melbourne business trip.
No comments:
Post a Comment