Sunday, August 28, 2005

Back with a newer toy


The new toy is a USB dongle that I can now use to transfer pictures from my mobile phone to here! Picture: My attempt at artistic arrangement of fruits and of photography. It's actually my dessert yesterday. Strawberries contain a lot of folate and dietry fibre, do you know?

Preggy Updates
Less fuzz on foods now. But sensitive still to smells. Hunger pangs also more manageable. Learned a lot about foods with folate and dietary fiber. Eating does gets boring when you're limited to folate, calcium, dietary fibres. So can't help to get some 'unhealthy' stuff' from time to time ;)

Book 'review': The China I Knew by Pearl Buck
After reading this book, I regret not studying more seriously on my Chinese courses in the younger years that I now have to rely on books written Westerners about China. But Pearl Buck is someone we can call an 'Egg' - white on the outside, yellow on the inside. She grew up as a Chinese and I would bet, more Chinese than me. I appreciate her insights about Sun-yat-sen and Chiang-kai-shek. And through her book, learn to appreciate the Chinese patriarchial system that I sometimes found stiffling in Fil-chinese communities. She said, the reason why the political system in Old China has survived hundreds of years and why the Old China does not need any social security system for the old and orphaned is because this system looks after each human being. Everyone belonged to a family. The head of the family looks after its members, Confucian values implemented by the family keeps everyone in tow, the young look after the old, the fatherless and widows are looked after by the family.

Knowing you belong to a family feels good, doesn't it?

Yesterday's and Today's Highs
Yesterday: Did a lot of housework and personal stuff from sun up to sundown that Greg was surprised I was still wide awake and doing my tax income late at night. Me too! And would you believe the Australian tax laws are so complicated even for someone who has only 1 source of income.
Today: Only 1 sunday school student! Not that i don't love the children. I tire easily these days, and giving your attention to more than 3 youngsters and helping them in their crafts is more than I can handle lately.

1 comment:

er!ca said...

nice shot! hmm.. photography might run in the family, dont u tink?heehee

If you want to fuel your photography side, try visiting (AND joining) photofriday.com
tip: dont be discourage after viewing some great works from pros! but it's motivating and INSPIRINg!!