Wednesday, April 13, 2005

Living in difficulty with a person

I've been having a hard time living in the same unit with hubby's brother. Let's call him BBW (big bad wolf).

i'm strung out. tired of seeing him. tired of talking to him. just tired.

I get pestered constantly ... on anything, on everything.


[hubby & me did not join their night out. we were both stressed out and just wanted to stay back.]

bbw: So what did you guys end up doing last night?
me: nothing special. dinner at home. [some peace and quiet for ourselves]

bbw: so what were u guys too busy with to not be able to attend last night?
me: secret [we just want a quiet dinner!]
bbw: secret, secret ... it was good fun. Michael, Naoko, and She came along as well. Ganda ng ring ni Jee. DFO/Birkenhead Point shopping tayo dalawa Saturday morning?
me: [no, why don't you ask your gf to go with you]

[when im cleaning, tidying up the unit]
bbw: why do you need to clean that? It will only get dirtied anyway.

[when im in front of the computer]
bbw: what are you doing? [then read out loud whatever is in front of me]

[about cooking]
bbw: i told my 2chiak you are using maggi and he said it's not good.

I get 'punished' for minor inconveniences.


  • punishments meted out by BBW:
    me ~ 5 minutes late in meeting time = get thrown around inside the car by his rough driving.
  • me ~ not able to handle his car door properly when i exited (car door was scratched) = insist rudely and endlessly in front of other people that i need to pay for the repairs for the (invisible) scratch
  • a friend who has 2 children ~ late for badminton game = smash all the shuttlecock to her face everytime he got a chance
  • a friend who wants to borrow his CD ~ scratch on a previous borrowed cd = not allowed to borrow any CDs from him ever.
  • a friend who enjoyed playing badminton with him ~ asked him to organize = he will not organize because he feels he's not the one who wants to play.
I don't need to justify why I'm cleaning or tidying up the unit. I don't need to justify what I'm cooking. I don't need to tell him what are my plans for the day, for the week, for the month, and why those are my plans. I need grace in situations that causes small inconveniences to him.

As a resolve, stay away far from him to avoid offending him. refuse him by being direct and blunt.

Today's Highs
Having dinner out with Greg ~ just me and him ...

No comments: