"The initial margin rate is applied to each contract and variation margins are computed at real time less any collateral to determine the financial obligations of clearing participants." (talking to subject matter experts at work, I felt I need to enrol into a specialised course for each of the second word used in that sentence.)
"When you call the baby Bella, it will be a girl." (Logic of my 3-yr-old regarding the gender of her new sibling)
"No, it's not a defect. The system searches the database based on each character you typed in that is why the character disappears after you typed it in."
"Is that how the search function should behave?"
"Well, if you prefer, we let you typed the whole word in before performing the search so the characters you typed in will not disapper." (Negotiating with a 'defensive' implementor about software bugs)
"Mommy, why do we have to wear undies?" (Question from my 3-year old)
"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Whatever." (From a 6 year old Sunday school student after being asked to do a class activity.)
"Oh, no, no, be rest assured, I've kept your financial calculator in a very, very safe place. I'll return it to you when I have time to look for it. Which is in a place along with my other 5,000 things." (Assurance from a collegue who borrowed my financial calculator for 8 months now.)
No comments:
Post a Comment