Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Coming to work this morning


Some person died on the train tracks at the start of rush hour and commuting to work this morning became a headline story.


I'm quite happy I'm able to get to work a few minutes after 9am even with the train delays. I had a feeling something was going on with our trains when I woke up because I can hear those muffled announcements coming out from the station nearest to our place. Hubby did a check on the net (and bro-in-law called too) to inform me services to the city was halted due to some fatality on the train tracks. I intended to take another train line and started walking to the nearest major train station, saw choc-a-block of people (stranded passengers going to the city to work like me) being directed back to the 'formerly-closed-but-now-reopened' train line, so I joined in, saw heaps and heaps of commuters stranded at each station unable to get into the train as it's already jammed-pack.

No comments: