Everything tastes different to me. From my own morning breath to drinking water to food. Even when my mouth is empty … there seems to be some metallic tinge to it.
I found myself spending more on food nowadays as I buy an assortment of lunch and nibble bits and pieces of them because if I stay stuck to only 1 type of food, my palate gives the food a metallic taste to the food after a few swallows. Or the taste of the food cannot go well with the metallic tinge making me gagged the food out.
I also cannot predict what food will go well with my taste buds each time. Making it hard for me to know what to eat until the last possible minute. Lunch is better as I eat out. Dinner is more difficult ~ planning is needed and most of the time my taste buds would disagree with the food at the last minute. Also, the smell of the food might repulse me at the last minute (like the time I cooked veggies with abalone … it was my favorite before but I found myself almost gagging while preparing it).
Today, I was supposed to have a free kare-kare lunch with my officemates. I suddenly realized bagoong might not be good for me current situation, and the smell of the kare kare repulsed me at the last minute. I had to go down to mcdonalds and grab a sandwich and make an excuse why im having a sandwich instead of eating my share of rice with kare kare ...
No comments:
Post a Comment